Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: drenalinld on May 14, 2012, 10:23:04 AM

Title: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: drenalinld on May 14, 2012, 10:23:04 AM
I have become arch enemies with a whippoorwill in the last two weeks. I have at least a half dozen whippoorwills on my place that sing all night long. I rather enjoy hearing them at a distance, but when they get too close when you are trying to hear a turkey or trying to sleep it can cause a man to go crazy!!! One particular bird has began spending most of his night every night sitting in my wife's flower bed about six feet from my bedroom window and calling for hours on end. Between the phone calls I get from work every night, a one-year old and a four-year old that do not sleep well coupled with the endless "whip-poor-will" at an uncanny volume, my wife and I are getting no sleep.

Does anyone know a way to deter/discourage this bird from roosting there? I can run it off and it will be right back before the garage door closes. Any suggestions????
Title: Re: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: longbeardfever4ever on May 14, 2012, 10:33:37 AM
Maybe try screwing with the area it roosts at.. put plastic over it at night or maybe you can find some sort of spray to keep it away that won't kill your wife's flowers?
Title: Re: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: jmck on May 14, 2012, 01:25:51 PM
MAYBE AN OWL DECOY ?????
Title: Re: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: Silverspur on May 14, 2012, 01:30:22 PM
I can give you my Twisting Creek T-shirt that doesn't fit and maybe you can use that to place over him and then send it to Jeff to figure out what to do next and where to release it ROTFLMBO.  OK, I have no clue to tell you what to do other than contact your state game commission, they may have a suggestion to help.
Title: Re: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: AlabamaDave on May 14, 2012, 01:37:40 PM
Try A fake rubber snake in the flower bed or window seal or bushes...I use em sometimes in my tomatoe patch to keep the birds from peeking my maters!
Title: Re: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: GR8CALLS on May 14, 2012, 01:39:52 PM
Try A fake rubber snake in the flower bed or window seal or bushes...I use em sometimes in my tomatoe patch to keep the birds from peeking my maters!

Best idea! I love the reaction a bird has when they see a snake in their favorite area!  ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO ROTFLMBO

Bill
Title: Re: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: longbeard48 on May 14, 2012, 01:41:11 PM
.17 HMR.   ;)
Title: Re: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: Zumer on May 14, 2012, 02:54:32 PM
Put a metal wind chime close to the area......It will keep the birds away and the soft chiming acts as a sleeping medication.... *cheers*

     
Title: Re: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: jmck on May 14, 2012, 03:26:45 PM
Silverspur----5000 COMEDIANS OUTTA WORK---AND HERE YOU ARE TRYING TO BE ONE !!!!  ;D
The shirt fits----try pushing away from the table more ofter and you may once again fit the shirt as you once did  ;)
 ROTFLMBO *lol* ROTFLMBO
Hops has alot of calories dude !!!
Title: Re: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: hunter22 on May 14, 2012, 05:09:49 PM
#8s.......
Title: Re: Help please!! Nuisance whippoorwill
Post by: drenalinld on May 14, 2012, 09:00:42 PM
#8s.......

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! #7-1/2's. I love the smell of gun powder!