Osage Roost

General Forum => General Discussion => Topic started by: Porter on February 18, 2012, 08:28:19 PM

Title: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 18, 2012, 08:28:19 PM
Bud Shootout tonight, qualifying tomorrow and racing is on again!!!!

Get to sit with dad all day tomorrow and watch qualifying!!!  I'm ready... Let's go racing!!!
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: PA Boxcall on February 18, 2012, 08:33:52 PM
Bud Shootout tonight, qualifying tomorrow and racing is on again!!!!

Get to sit with dad all day tomorrow and watch qualifying!!!  I'm ready... Let's go racing!!!

Sounds like that will be a good day, enjoy the time with Dad.

I used to be heavy into nascar, just have a hard time getting excited about it now.  I will watch some, I love seeing them go 200mph without touching the brakes, and the pushing and shoving of Dover.  I am all for the improved safety, but when they released the car of tomorrow, it became a little generic for me.  Glad they got rid of the big wing though.
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Barefoot on February 18, 2012, 08:37:13 PM
Boogity, boogity, boogity!!!

Are ya ready for DAYTONAAAA???
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: waterdog on February 18, 2012, 09:02:10 PM
Boogity, boogity, boogity!!!

Are ya ready for DAYTONAAAA???

 *up* *up*
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 18, 2012, 09:07:27 PM
Pretty good racing so far... several wrecks and some good quality racing!!
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: waterdog on February 18, 2012, 09:08:31 PM
Ya bummer Dale wiped out he was looking good! he cant catch a break!
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 18, 2012, 09:13:17 PM
Oh my what a wreck... half the field gone at least now...  did they take the white flag yet!
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: waterdog on February 18, 2012, 09:14:11 PM
Expensive day for Hendricks! *cry*
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 18, 2012, 09:15:12 PM
Yes it is... all 4 cars!!!
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 18, 2012, 09:29:11 PM
Not a Kyle fan, but what a race!!!!  Kyle's car all tore up and he wins!!!
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: B-Ready on February 18, 2012, 09:33:19 PM
That was some cool driving.... I'm not a fan of his, but you have to give Kyle his props.... The Man can Drive !! I like the Hendrick teams but there all going  *fall*
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: ronmexico on February 18, 2012, 09:33:55 PM
He's the best driver out there, no doubt.  
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: ronmexico on February 18, 2012, 09:35:50 PM
Glad they made some changes, the 2 car packs last year was awful.
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 18, 2012, 09:36:06 PM
He's the best driver out there, no doubt.  

After watching that, hard to disagree with that... Smoke might be the only other one that could have saved a car like that...  but he did it twice!!!  And you know that car ran like crap with all the damage!!!
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 18, 2012, 09:37:22 PM
Glad they made some changes, the 2 car packs last year was awful.

Man the Gatorade Duels will even be more intense!!!  You are right, the 2 car pack was about to cost them a lot of fans!!!  And flat out boring...

Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: B-Ready on February 18, 2012, 09:40:46 PM
I hope they race like this all year.... What a great start to the season!!
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: ronmexico on February 18, 2012, 09:41:57 PM
Glad they made some changes, the 2 car packs last year was awful.

Man the Gatorade Duels will even be more intense!!!  You are right, the 2 car pack was about to cost them a lot of fans!!!  And flat out boring...



Yep, it was garbage. 
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 18, 2012, 10:02:24 PM
Glad they made some changes, the 2 car packs last year was awful.

Man the Gatorade Duels will even be more intense!!!  You are right, the 2 car pack was about to cost them a lot of fans!!!  And flat out boring...



Yep, it was garbage. 

Give it to NASCAR listening.  I think everyone liked it at first, but then it was just plain boring and they did what they needed too with input from the drivers and looks like they got it to work.  I can take a lap or two of 2 car pack, but the entire race was pathetic... 

Looks like the fuel injection is going to be ok too.  Bring on qualifying tomorrow and the duels on Thursday!
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: boxcaller on February 19, 2012, 09:25:41 AM
kyle will be the first to tell you,...he was just along for the ride on those spins,...just lucky he didn't go around,....I've seen him spin out on that track a bunch of times,...2 that i can remember, he was all by himself.  He is  a good driver, as are most of them,..but down there,..you are what your car is.


Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 19, 2012, 10:07:49 AM
I liked listening to the drivers afterward.  Heck even Gordon said he loves driving these cars, just might have cut way too much downforce off the rear...

Qualifying today will be interesting, but the 500 might be demo derby...

Pushing through the corners is not something I think you want to do!! 
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: ronmexico on February 19, 2012, 10:18:44 AM
kyle will be the first to tell you,...he was just along for the ride on those spins,...just lucky he didn't go around,....I've seen him spin out on that track a bunch of times,...2 that i can remember, he was all by himself.  He is  a good driver, as are most of them,..but down there,..you are what your car is.


i don't know how much nascar you watch, but there are few guys on the circuit today who could have done what kyle did and even fewer with as much talent.  love him or hate him, he's the most talented driver out there.  he's not vanilla like so many of today's nascar drivers are and is more of a throwback.  he is easily the most similar drive to dale sr. and can drive the wheels off a car.  he is a bit of a hot head, which turns some folks off, but so was dale, who was notorious for using the chrome horn.  nascar has turned in to such a marketing gig, that i honestly think the appearance of the drivers is a big consideration, when the owners scout talent.  i don't think guys like jimmy spencer would get a shot in today's nascar and guys like tim richmond would be run off.  it's a different world today than it was even 15 years ago.  now everything has to be so pc and you're more concerned about sponsors and what is being said via social media.  could you imagine the cale yarbrough vs donnie allison fight in today's nascar?  todd helton is a chump...if nascar doesn't start paying more attention to the product on the track and less about upsetting sponsors, they are going to continue to lose people willing to show up at the tracks.  as long as folks are filling up the stands, the sponsors will be there.
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: ronmexico on February 19, 2012, 10:20:15 AM
I liked listening to the drivers afterward.  Heck even Gordon said he loves driving these cars, just might have cut way too much downforce off the rear...

Qualifying today will be interesting, but the 500 might be demo derby...

Pushing through the corners is not something I think you want to do!! 

i think you just have to be smart about when and where to push.  if you have banking, you should be fine, assuming you don't pull that crap that gordon did and get into the back left qtr panel of someone.

Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: boxcaller on February 19, 2012, 12:17:14 PM
don't worry ron,...i'm fortunate to get to sit on alot of pit boxes,... ;)
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: ronmexico on February 19, 2012, 12:54:42 PM
don't worry ron,...i'm fortunate to get to sit on alot of pit boxes,... ;)

Then you know that he is in another league, in terms of ability.

I'm hoping to make a Bristol night race this year.
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: boxcaller on February 19, 2012, 01:53:06 PM
yep,...he is definitley in a league of his own *lol* *lol*

Pat
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 19, 2012, 02:23:31 PM
yep,...he is definitley in a league of his own *lol* *lol*

Pat

Yeah but I'm hopinng he's changed and maybe can win the fans over.  Edwards, Kyle Busch and Stewart are a few of the guys I think can will their ways to winning with shotty cars...

Pat I'm envious of you sitting on pit boxes now!!!! 

Blake Bristol would be the bomb.  I've been to Kansas Speedway and Texas and I love that racing, but Bristol... wow!!!

Looks like a Roush front row for the 500... I was hoping Bayne would do it.. but darn wind has really picked up!!!!  JR did pretty good for Hendricks too.  I see them all griping about Ford power, but Doug learned a lot from his dad Robert and Yates power has always been at the top!!!  Of course being a huge Davey Allison fan, I've always enjoyed the Yates power :)

Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: Porter on February 19, 2012, 02:25:22 PM
I liked listening to the drivers afterward.  Heck even Gordon said he loves driving these cars, just might have cut way too much downforce off the rear...

Qualifying today will be interesting, but the 500 might be demo derby...

Pushing through the corners is not something I think you want to do!! 

i think you just have to be smart about when and where to push.  if you have banking, you should be fine, assuming you don't pull that crap that gordon did and get into the back left qtr panel of someone.



Yeah and I didn't realize how small the back spoilers are this year...  I bet they are a true handful to drive!!!  I just wonder what the Duels will be like and then the 500!!!  Lot's of carnage this year again.  Good to see Gordon say he wasn't a bit hurt.  I hated these cars at first, but at least they are safe and looks like they are racy once again!
Title: Re: NASCAR
Post by: boxcaller on February 19, 2012, 06:57:28 PM
Porter,...i'll have to tell you a funny story from Dover the other year,....went as guests from Realtree and my wife had a very famous guy try to sign her papers and she pulled back,..he said "don't you want me to sign that,.....she said No, that's o.k."  It was hilarious,.....several races later we saw the same guy at Pocono and he didn't even acknowledge us. *lol*