Author Topic: Limbhanger Fall turkey dog'n in Ohio with Marlin  (Read 57 times)

Offline jmck

• Boss Tom
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
Limbhanger Fall turkey dog'n in Ohio with Marlin
« on: November 06, 2020, 10:34:58 AM »
This year Steve Harden and I had a great trip to northern Ohio with ole Buster to turn the Byrne dogs loose in the woods around Marlins. We broke a number of flocks but the birds just never co operated and got vocal. We had one flock that really tried and got pretty vocal, where Steve and I both , in different locations, got really close to a shot. Rumor has it, that a shot was fired on another hunt but someone missed !!! We had a total downpour on Thursday where we turned our attention to ducks on one of Marlins marshes. We duck hunted with Dr Tony, Walt, Ronnie  and Marlin---had a blast. Thanks agin to my yankee buddies on another great chapter in my hunting memories. Here are some pictures of the great time we had ....

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:26:20 PM by jmck »

Offline West Augusta

• Boss Tom
  • West By God Virginia.
Re: Limbhanger Fall turkey dog'n in Ohio with Marlin
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 05:44:49 PM »
Those Ohio "Turkeys" sure do look a lot different that the ones in West Virginia.  *lol* *lol*

Looks like y'all had a great time.  Someday, I hope to try hunting with a dog. Sure looks like fun and there's nothing like watching a good dog work.
Twitter @WestAugusta        @UnicoiCallShow

Parler  @WestAugusta

Offline crow

• Poult
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 07:20:09 PM »
some nice looking dogs

Offline Porter

• Osage Polish Mike
  • Administrator
  • Boss Tom
  • Osage Polish Mike
    • Osage Roost
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 06:57:18 AM »
that had to be a blast!!! 

Someday, I will hunt with a dog too!  Ole dcole and I have been talking and planning!  Might make it happen next year!

Did I hear mention someone whiffed at one  *peep*  I can't say too much as a tree got in the way of one with me :(