Author Topic: Fall Turkey 2013  (Read 1697 times)

Offline TRKYHTR

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 672
    • Mother Lode Turkey Calls
Fall Turkey 2013
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:55:20 PM »
I finally got lucky today and found some turkeys. Had a friend of mine, Josh, invite me up to hunt. He told me where they usually roost and off I went dark 30. Sure enough light came and there were no turkey sounds within hearing. I moved a few times calling occasionally and around 9:00 am I moved back toward my truck. I set up in a field since it had rained all night. I finally decided to call it quits and when I got up I spotted a turkey about 300 yards away. I sat back down and called a little with no response. I stood up and checked with my binoculars again and they were still in the same area, so I took the fight to them. I dropped into a 12' high ditch that went straight to them. I got to where I thought they were and then had to climb out of the ditch. Did I say it had rained all night. I had mud everywhere. Finally made it to the top and peaked up and they were to mu left about 50 yards. I hunkered down and waited for them to feed out in front. I spotted a couple straight out and was getting ready to choose one when I looked to my left and there was a mess of them standing there looking at me. There was no way to shoot at them without killing a dozen with one shot so I looked back to the first group and they were getting nervous. A couple started running and the others got nervous. I finally spotted one by himself and I put the crosshairs on him and pulled the trigger. Turkeys went everywhere. After I checked the turkey I headed in the general direction and then sat down and waited for the turkey calling to begin. It didn't take long before they were carrying on like crazy. I had to pull out my phone and get a little video. It was a good day.

TRKYHTR







Offline Silverspur

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 244643
  • I like Longbeards / Sharp Spurs
Re: Fall Turkey 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:00:24 AM »
Congrats!

Offline BluMtnGobbler

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 1319
Re: Fall Turkey 2013
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 06:52:19 AM »
Way to go, nice bird,Congrats

Offline jmck

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 8930
  • Twisting Creek Calls
    • Twisting Creek Calls
Re: Fall Turkey 2013
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 08:55:38 AM »
Congrats on the hunt Joe
And also for what sounds to be your weekly bath taken as well

Offline Turkeybuster

  • Boss Tom
  • *****
  • Posts: 7065
Re: Fall Turkey 2013
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
 *up*

Jon

Offline hawglips

  • Jenny
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: Fall Turkey 2013
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 08:32:11 AM »
Way to go Joe!